ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 07:57:27 -0600
Mari,

Just plain Mari?  You took off your robe of royalty? A cowboy minus his
boots is still a cowboy. A pianist without her piano is still a pianist,
Phil without his hair is still Phil... whups sorry about that one Phil :).
So No matter the dress or objects we have we are still who we are
regardless. :) Years ago I sought out healing, and was in fact physically
healed to some degree in the midst of a prayer time,  anyway I was seeking
it to a point of which I finally realized that being healed had become my
god. I was seeking the gift and not the gift giver. I've seen varying
degrees and extremes of beliefs in such and justifications for why folks
believe as such, which is their, as well as my,  right to  choose. A
sometimes difficult place to be in is having the living and breathing
desire to be healed, and yet with the peace of mind and willing to wait for
it to come be it now or when we are out of here. It is not for the faint of
heart to be in that place, toe to the finish line and waiting for the
checker flag to wave. Frustration at times, yes, sucks at times, yes, but
yet being at piece with who we are. Blindness  is not me,  it is part of
how I live, but is not who I am. Some may feel that is who they are which
is OK if that is how they manage it, but for me it brings too much focus on
something I'd rather not be, just if I'd view myself daily as a graying
Brad, getting older and older by the day, and focused on getting older
rather than  just acknowledging that is where I am currently yet feeling as
young as I did when I was 20 in mind if not in body some of the time,
although that is rare which I'm thankful for. Because blindness stinks
doesn't mean I stink sniff sniff... nope all clear :) Would I give  almost
anything to see again? Yep. Am I willing to give up my daily peace in my
leap for it? No. That is the wrong race. Blindness might be our $10,000
debt owed, but remember we are getting paid $10,000, God said the checks in
the mail,  we're just waiting for the check to get here :)

Brad