From:
lamentruder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lamentruder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:40:19 -0400

Nancy:

I took my first ever cruise with Norwegian this last July.  They bend over
backwards to accommodate special diets-in fact, one of the staff members
responsibility is to supervise ALL special diets on ship.  The only
draw-back I experienced was when I did not select my menu items at least 24
hours in advance (my bad) and the kitchen staff had to improvise last minute
during dinner rush.

Norwegian had GF pasta, breads, waffles & muffins stocked on board.  My
advice for smooth sailing is to:

*        Give them 6 weeks notice of your special diet

*        Select the menu items you want them to stock (they will send you a
list)

*        Get the name of the "Manager of Special Diets" and meet with
her/him at least 3 hours before your first meal

*        Don't be afraid to select items from the salad bar-they will inform
you which are GF

*        Know that deserts will be limited to fruit or custards-no GF
cookies or cakes!

*        Take GF Lara Bars or other energy bars with you to eat on
excursions

*        Book a balcony class room or higher if only for the refrigerator to
store extras as fruit, juices or snaks

Best,

Leslie Ament