VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:38:21 -0700
Lynn and David,

  I'm glad to learn from  you that we'll still have the same human voices on
the flash
cartridges and that we'll be able to listen to them fast without raising the
pitch, though I imagine the digital processing may produce some noticeable
distortion when the speed is changed.

  As for Eloquence's voice, I too don't like it at its normal speed, but,
sped up, I like it.

  In regard to librarians, I'm delighted to be sent things I'd never think
of searching
for in the NLS catalogue.  I'm overwhelmed by the vast number of things I'd
like to learn about, and I need a
librarian's help to avoid spending more than all my availaable time going
through the NLS catalogue and the useful or wonderful things it surely
contains.

  --Nelson