VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 21:05:36 -0700
I made the mistake of allowing Windows to do automatic updating to my
system.  The results have been disasterous!

Now I am able to receive e-mail, though I can no longer access the world
wide web at all.  In trying to change my settings to their original status,
the Windows "Content Advisor" tells me that the Supervisor password is
required.  What Supervisor password?  I never entered one, yet there's at
least one  question mark in that edit field.

Can anyone tell me where (file and directory) Windows stores this required
password?

-- George

    Send comments on list operation to
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]