From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:28:33 -0500
Hi;
The thing that surprised me was that there was a gap titan for sale on the
arrl site and when talking with the owner I was advised that his was mounted
two feet above ground.  If I have the bottom of this antenna pictured
correctly it would seem that the horizontal sections would get in the path
with it that close to the ground.
I'm still looking for a qualified installer or two and I've learned that
looking at an antenna in the box can be very annoying.
Both the gap and butternut seem interesting although their approaches are
very different.
Richard