VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:54:14 -0700
You know you guys, you kind of are making me sick.

None of us wants to see frivolous suits.  Why though, do you all immediately
assume it is the blind guy or organization in the wrong?  I don't care if
it's NFB, ACB, or the little sisters of the blind poor, shouldn't we at
least keep an open mind when one of our own says there's a ADA problem?
Believe me, the ADA bashers and the ADA resisters have plenty of ammunition
and support of their own without our adding to it.  Some of us who
immediately go "test" the claim, seem to be more trying to prove how
wonderfully adapted we are as individuals to cope with our blindness through
technology, then really seeking truth. Target, who I might point out, has
been assailed in the last couple of years on a number of fronts where they
have shown less than stellar sensitivity, has had nearly a year to correct
this problem.  I help maintain web sites as part of my job, it doesn't take
a year to fix something this small.  That's just plain intransigence.

Does anyone remember how long it has taken to get Adobe on board with
access?  Some companies just figure they are so big they can out last or out
spend you.  Or maybe they are just stupid.  Either way, if they are breaking
the law, then a person has every right to pursue them without our bogging
them down.

Bill