VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:59:43 -0700
Hello all,
I first sent this to Bill off list, but I thought I would share my
thoughts with the list. The question of the accessibility of Google mail
depends on what all you need to access. For example, if it is just email
and you can route it through Outlook or Outlook Express, that part is
accessible. However, tools such as Google calendar, contacts, and tasks,
which are widely used in organizations on an Exchange server, will
likely not be as accessible as the Outlook suite of apps. At CSUN I
attended one of the main Google sessions and raised the question of
accessibility of the calendar, contacts, tasks and others in gmail, and
they simply said they couldn't comment on that or any other future
plans.
I think there are some white papers on the CSUN conference site that
Google presenters have posted.
Well, imagine my surprise when I search the CSUN site and finally
emailed them to find out where the conference proceedings are posted.
See their response below: