VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 13:14:44 -0400

________________________________

From: Mary Sorrells [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 12:27 PM
To: Maurer, Patricia
Subject: The ACI Group: 508 Compliance Tester Position.

Hello,

My name is Mary Sorrells and I am a Jr. Recruiter with The ACI Group.  I
am currently looking for a 508 Compliance Tester for our client Lockheed
Martin in Woodlawn, MD and thought your organization might be of
assistance.  The position is a contract ending in September.  Below is
the job description.

and to have experience with both JAWS and MAGic.

General Experience:
* Extensive experience in the field of accessibility evaluation for
Section 508 compliance using screen readers.
1 Proven ability to work independently or under only general direction
on consulting, testing and process issues is required.

Requirements:	 Specific Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience using a screen reader (JAWS) to test Windows applications,
Internet applications, and websites for compliance with Section 508.

1 Strong knowledge of structured accessibility testing methodologies
that integrate automated testing manual testing, and usability testing.

2 Strong knowledge of accessibility best practices.

Activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:

Identify, document, rank, and classify Section 508 defects.
Identify, document and quantify overall application risks associated
with the existence of Section 508 compliance issues.
Effectively communicate orally and in writing.

Note: experience conducting testing for organizations such as the
National Federation of the Blind is considered a plus.

PLEASE NOTE:

Will be required to pass a Standard Background Investigation and drug
screen.

Relocation assistance is not offered.

1099 and W2 with or without benefits options available!

Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No
calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please!

US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the
US are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.

$1000 Referral Bonus Offered!

Please let me know if you would know if anyone interested in this
position.  Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards

Mary Sorrells
Jr. Recruiter
The ACI Group