VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:57:17 -0400
Please email suggestions concerning list operation
to [log in to unmask]

Hello Dory:

The item:

windowsxp-kb928388-x86-enu

is, in all probability,

windowsxp-kb928388-x86-enu.exe

which is the windows XP patch which reconfigures the previously set
"daylight savings time" start and end dates to conform to the new dates
which took effect in 2007. The smart money says that you have your display
configured to hide known file extentions, which is why you're not seeing the
"dot e x e" extention, indicating that the file is an executable program.

I'm quite sure that you can, and indeed, should run this microsoft XP patch,
especially if you observed that your clock was displaying the incorrect time
between the dates of march 12th and april 1st.

John