From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 17:59:07 -0700
William wrote:

> That's from the steady state theory, where nothing other than
> man could have caused extinction.
> There is also abundant evidence that Velikovsky's cataclysmic
> theory is correct, supported by the wooly mammoths found in
> Siberia, the bones and ivory found on islands north of there, etc.
> So the neolithic might have been a desperate and intelligent
> response to a sudden scarcity of previously plentiful game.

Sure, there are many theories. Velikovsky isn't exactly mainstream, but his
ideas are very insightful, so who knows?  Nonetheless, we humans do have a
long history of destroying our own environment eg: polluting our water
supply; deforesting land which often leads to erosion; over-fishing and
over-hunting which can lead to agriculture or starvation. :-)

Best Wishes,
Ron

Ron Hoggan, Ed. D.
co-author Dangerous Grains ISBN: 978158333-129-3 www.dangerousgrains.com
author: Get the Iron Edge: a complete guide for meeting your iron needs
ISBN: 978-0-9736284-4-9 www.ironedge.info
author Smarten Up! ISBN: 978-0-9736284-3-2 www.smartenup.info
editor: Scott-Free Newsletter www.celiac.com

"Objectivity is the prerogative of objects."