From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 16:58:23 -0400
On Sun, 13 May 2007 22:04:37 -0500, Tom Bri <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>As for the collapse in health in the neolithic, some groups would hit on
>ways of improving the diet and would prosper. The end result after a few
>thousand years would be Weston Price noting that this or that diet had
>distinct advantages over our modern, untested diet. Eventually I hope that
>we will learn to avoid the worst and emphasize the best and slowly improve
>the base diet.
>
>So health did collapse in the neolithic with early unbalanced grain-based
>diets. But over time the diets were modified to make them less damaging.

Right, Tom. When I think of the worst aspects of neolithic diets, I have in my minds eye
hoardes of emaciated Egyptian slaves living a life of drudgery and eating a gruel of weevly
grains under the blazing sun. But the sturdy dairy-farming peasants in the Swiss mountains
described so eloquently by Weston Price are also neolithic. I guess  we have to be careful
how we use the term.

What image do other readers have in their mind's eye when they hear the term "neolithic
diet"?

Keith