Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:20:47 -0500
I don't see why it should follow that they must have been hunters rather
than scavengers.
This from my own experience, and from reading of the techniques used by
paleo man, aboriginal Americans, Inuit etc. Hunting is neither harsh nor
demanding. Maybe it was, for the stupid, but that rules out paleoman, and
makes the story irrelevant.

If they were scavengers it would make sense that they needed to flee when
the predator returned to it's kill, so then speed was required.

William

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:49:37 -0500, Philip <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The pelvic structure of Homo ergaster and Homo erectus skeletons is
> "narrower than in modern Homo sapiens, meaning that Homo ergaster and
> Homo
> erectus in both Africa and Asia had a greater ability to run. Their
> running
> techniques may have been equivalent to a modern day race track athlete.
> This
> hints that the species lived a harsh and demanding lifestyle; most
> importantly they must have been accomplished hunters rather than
> scavengers
> such as Homo habilis." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkana_boy)

Don't try to think too much. It frightens the anthropoids.