Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:51:03 -0500
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:15:35 -0500, Marilyn Harris
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am wondering if raw foods cause a slower release in insulin and that
> has an anti-arryhthmic effect?

Hi Marilyn;

I've not been able to link insulin with this. Same for the thousands of
members of the atrial fibrillation forum.
http://www.afibbers.org/bbarchives.htm

  I would think that would elicit more of
> an immediate response than any possible enzymatic effect which would
> take place hours later in the small intestines.

Mistakes in food choice cause a response anywhere from half an hour to
three days later. Made it hard to identify the wrong food.

> When do you test?

Every time I eat or drink. It's not a matter of choice.

  I can
> envisage greater digestion of food in the mouth and stomach from cooked
> foods since the cooking process readies the food for faster breakdown.
> This is just my own little theory. :-)

Probably true for plant source foods, but my experience is that raw
meat/fish etc. digest much quicker when raw.

>> From what little I know about food enzymes, I can't see how they can
>> have
> any effect?....

There's yahoo group called live-food, massive archive. the difference
between live and dead food is the presence of enzymes, only found in raw.

The only scientific study I know of about enzyme digestion was done IIRC
in Switzerland in 1930s, name forgotten, he saw that when cooked food is
eaten, most white blood cells move to the inside of the digestive tract,
where they perform the function otherwise  done by enzymes. White blood
cells are a defense against disease, that should tell us something.

William