NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:00:54 -0700
The fact remains that there is no fruit flavor chewable calcium supplement
other than the TUMS brand "Tums 500 Calcium Supplement" whose ingredients are
sucrose, calcium carbonate, starch, talc, mineral oil, adipic acid, and a
bunch of food coloring.
If anyone knows of a different/better one that will be easily given to a
VERY picky 22 month old (he stopped drinking juice when we added calcium
citrate powder), PLEASE write in.
Is the liquid calcium supp you mentioned from Canada available in the US?
Anyone know what name it is sold under here?  Is it tasteless or pleasant-
tasting (ie. disguisable?)

Regarding the ignorance of MDs on nutrition and allergies in general I agree
and know that they just don't consider anything wholistically.  I was
surprised though that the Oakland Children's Hospital pediatric nutritionist
was completely unfamiliar with dealing with substituting foods for allergic
patients, and also that the board-certified pediatric allergist we were
referred to for our son's multiple severe food allergies, could only say,
"I don't know" when asked of the effect eating an identified allergy-
provoking food has on the digestion.

Susan.