NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:35:32 -0500
Arghh! A real pet peeve. Ditto on the Singulair and Advair.

What always astonishes me is how many inhaled medications (now,
including the new Pulmicort formulation) include lactose, and how
many of those also describe allergic reaction symptoms on their list
of adverse reactions. Have they ever thought of trying to
cross-correlate these reactions with lists of dairy-allergic
patients?!?!? Sorry - down from soapbox.

I basically gave up on finding a lactose-free osteoporosis medication
(btw, bone loss is a big problem for those of us not eating dairy).
Fortunately, I only have to suffer once weekly, and my symptoms are
mostly GI, with only minor allergic symptoms.

This would be an ideal "class action" (although I don't intend to
sue). I suspect there are quite a few who'd like to send a message to
the drug (and vitamin) companies.

Mark