NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:44:44 +0000
We never found Zyrtec to be effective. The only thing we found to be of any help, medicinally, was Vistaril, a more potent formulation of Hydroxyzine.

But no medicinal relief held a candle to the relief Josh got through a complete overhawl of his diet and environment. We tried piecemeal (!) elimination diets, but really had to go the "nothing diet" route and build up from a nearly empty diet to one where he remained (relatively) asymptomatic yet got some nutrition. We also did a number on our house, cleaning out pets :-(, dust, getting rid of upholstery, carpets, drapes, ...

It paid off bigtime. We got sleep, and Josh did, too. He's about 12 years older now. Still somewhat itchy; still highly allergic. Now only takes Allegra and asthma meds. But really did thrive when figured out what he can eat that doesn't make him itchy.

Mark