C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:06:48 -0500
On 9/28/07, Cleveland, Kyle E. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> A friend's 14 year-old daughter was being treated at St. Jude's Hospital
> in Memphis and is now in Hospice.  Now that I know who St. Jude is it
> seems kind of depressing that Danny Thomas would name a kid's hospital
> after the guy.

Early in his career Danny reached a point where he was about to have
to get a job outside the entertainment industry if something didn't
happen pretty soon. (His wife basically considered entertainment a
lost cause.) At that point he made a prayer to St. Jude to help him
build a career in the entertainment industry, promising that if he
became successful he would create a tribute of some form to St. Jude.
Shortly after he got his first major break.  The rest as they say is
history...

From Danny's point of view, the Children's hospital was a tribute to
the fact that St. Jude can help anyone with what people would
otherwise be considered a lost cause.

--
Peter Hunsberger