C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 01:14:34 -0600
Friends,

I definitely don't know all the details here, and I don't know what the
Americans with Disabilities Act reads, and I'm sure that most of you have
more knowledge behind the act.  However a local guy just purchased and
turned a older building into apartments, and he has a few units wheelchair
accessible just like what he is required to do.  He had a open house today,
and my parents went to see it just for the fun of going, but however they
were surprised at his bathroom in the wheelchair accessible unit, it has a
bathtub instead of a roll-in shower.  My dad personally knows the guy, so he
questioned him on why he did a bathtub instead of a roll-in shower.  He
responded saying that's what the ADA requires, which seems weird to my
parents, so I told them I would e-mail you guys to see what's up with this.
This isn't the first time we have wondered about the Americans with
Disabilities Act.  Don't get me wrong, it's great but parts of it are really
questionable.

Thanks,

Anthony