From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:32:52 -0400
Hi.

I have a pair of them here.  It's not a bad little radio.  I found it
easier to program with the Icom software and a programming cable, but it
can be programmed through the keypad.  Since it has 60 memories, I just
loaded all of the area repeaters into memories and I just address the
momories from the keypad.  I actually still have about 10 memories that
aren't assigned to anything, even with the seven WX frequencies loaded into
the last seven memories!

The programming software is something you have to buy from Icom unless the
person that is selling the radio already has the software.  I find that the
programming software works well with most versions of JAWS except JAWS
8.0.1163 and 8.0.1177.

The T7H is a nice radio, and a comfortable size and weight for holding in
one's hand.  Also, it uses a BNC connector on the antenna instead of those
stinking SMA connectors.  I think you'll like the radio.

73, de Lou K2LKK