From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:03:06 -0700
John:
since no one else has responded:
If the fan assembly is similar to that on the v7a and the d700, then it is
held on by little plastic clips which slip into holes in the chassy.
If you take the fan assembly off and do not find small clips sticking out of
the radio side of the fan, then they probably broke off inside.
To attach the thing more or less permanently again, I would suggest taking
everything apart and using wire to fasten the fan back onto the chassy using
the original holes where the clips pop in.
Sometimes the plastic becomes fatigued on the fan assembly and, though
nothing is broken, the clips do not flex back when they are inserted in to
the chassy.  They have to flex back so the small tip will keep the thing
from coming out.
73
Colin, V A6BKX