From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:51:01 -0500
Hi Steve and List,

Currently, I am running the following anti-spyware programs:

1.  Add-Aware--with JAWS scripts available on the JFW Lite site under
programs, it is quite accessible;
2.  Spy Bot Search And Destroy--which is quite accessible with all screen
readers if you change the default view setting under preferences to blind
friendly;
3.  the Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 Suite which includes anti-spyware
software--the spyware utility of which is not very accessible, but it is
usable if you use your JAWS/mouse cursor (supposedly, Trend is aware of the
various difficulties of accessibility that have been slowly introduced over
the years and they plan to offer a free update sometime soon that will give
blind users extra options--off by default--that when turned on--will
supposedly solve these accessibility problems.)

The reason I mention all this is because each and every one of the
anti-spyware programs seem to find different problems--mostly different
tracking cookies.  Tracking cookies are usually only a minor annoyance, but
all anti-spyware programs flag them--because there are the odd sites that
contain dangerous cookies that will point you to hack sites or try to
install Trojans.

I hope this helps.