Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:00:22 -0500
From:
> Can someone point me in the right direction so I can learn
> more about ratios of protein, fat and veggies in a diet?

You can read a recent debate between Cordain and the China Study guy on the
appropriate percentage of protein here:
http://www.performancemenu.com/resources/proteinDebate.php. This was also
referenced and discussed in earlier posts.

There is also this regarding protein and carbohydrate:

"Most (73%) of the worldwide hunter-gatherer societies derived >50%
(>=56-65% of energy) of their subsistence from animal foods, whereas only
14% of these societies derived >50% (>=56-65% of energy) of their
subsistence from gathered plant foods. This high reliance on animal-based
foods coupled with the relatively low carbohydrate content of wild plant
foods produces universally characteristic macronutrient consumption ratios
in which protein is elevated (19-35% of energy) at the expense of
carbohydrates (22-40% of energy)." (Loren Cordain, Janette Brand Miller, S
Boyd Eaton, Neil Mann, Susanne HA Holt and John D Speth, Plant-animal
subsistence ratios and macronutrient energy estimations in worldwide
hunter-gatherer diets,
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/71/3/682?ijkey=4696643ccef4e74e4148
11c2a2a08c9a12d43e35&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha)