ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 12:04:35 -0700
A little over a week ago, we had two unusual things happen in the
Scovell family.  Sandy was scrubbing the floor and one of her cell
phone slipped out of its holder and dropped into the bucket of
scrub water next to her on the floor.  We tried drying the phone
out but after a full day, it still wouldn't work.  She had
insurance on it when she first got it but when she called the
company, they could find no record of her paying for the
insurance.  We didn't have 150 dollars to buy another phone.
Going to a phone store and explaining what happened, the lady, for
the cost of a new battery, 32 dollars, gave her another phone, the
same model, so we thank God for that.  The same weekend, Sandy was
pouring some pop in the kitchen for herself and she knocked over
the glass and it splashed a bunch of pop on the buttons of our 550
dollar Bose wave radio.  The buttons on this older model are on the top of
the radio and are flat so the liquid dripped right down into the inner
workings of the radio.  The radio buzzed big time and shut down.
Sending it would cost a great deal and often, electrically, when
something as sticky as pop is spilled on circuit boards, it is
impossible to repair.  We let it dry for a couple of days but I
figured it was hopeless.  The A M finally came back on but was
very flaky and signals drifted around on the radio and got
distorted.  More disappointment.  Plus, the FM part would not work
at all.  After a couple of three days, the A M began to stabilize
so it could be used normally.  A few days later, the FM suddenly
began working and the radio now works completely normally,
including all features, so again, we praise the Lord for helping
us with this things so we didn't have to spend a lot of money or
go without.  And hear you thought Jesus wasn't concerned about the
little things in your life.

Phil.