ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 17:46:16 -0600
Another thing about Brother Rolloff, I am misspelling his name so it reads
right but I spelled it correctly in the subject line, he never used notes.
Nope.  In fact, one famous Baptist preacher, he died a couple of three years
ago, and he pastored a church of over 100,000 people and ministered largely
to ghetto people in Chicago, Pastor Jack Hyles, said about Roloff once, If
you took all of Brother Roloff's notes from all of his sermons he preached
in his life time, it would only fill one side of a postage stamp.

I asked my pastor friend if the day his plane crashed, if they were flying
in bad weather.  He said that according to the reports, it was a perfect
cloudless day.  It was a twin engine plane, too, so to this day, nobody
knows why.

Phil.