From:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:51:34 -0500

Thanks to all the helpful people who responed to my query:

"Because of increasing infirmity I'm considering buying a food slicer to slice my
homemade Bette Hagman white bread.  Does anyone have any experience
with one or more of the available models, especially with this type of soft
white bread?"

Most respondants who used a food slicer to slice their  bread were pleased
with the result, except for 1 person who preferred an electric knife to a food
slicer. One other person used an electric knife (that's what I've been using
until now) and 1 person made hamburger buns instead of bread and then didn't
have to contend with much slicing.

Of the people who had food slicers, 1 had a Krup, 1 a Bosch, 1 a Chef's Choice
(Costco).  2 had a Rival fold- up slicer that they had bought from Wal-
mart.com for $29.  1 was even thoughtful enough to forward the link to it on
the Wal-mart website:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3957101

I ordered it (How could I resist).  Thanks all.  Mary B.