From:
Beth Hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:52:38 -0500

Dear Listserve Members,

I wanted to share a wonderful restaurant experience I had recently while
accompanying my husband on a business trip to Bromont, Quebec.  (For those
who are not familiar with the area, it is a charming ski resort town not far
from Montreal.  If you are skiers, you might want to check it out.)

We joined a large group of my husband's colleagues for dinner at Baffetto de
Roma, a family-owned Italian restaurant in the town.  My celiac radar went
up immediately when I noticed the lengthy menu was traditional Italian
cuisine - mainly breaded veal and pasta dishes.  I started looking for salad
options when my husband leaned over and pointed to the middle of the page
and a bold "NEW" listing for gluten-free pasta.  I was delighted at the
prospect of dining like the other 18 people at the table.

"What can I order?"  I asked the wait person, who turned out to be the
owner.  "Anything you want," she replied.  I was like a kid in a proverbial
candy shop finally settling on a veal and mushroom dish and a side order of
pasta in delicious house sauce.

It turns out that owners Micheline Gagne and A. Mastrofrancesco have had
quite an indoctrination into the gluten-free diet.  It started a few years
ago when a regular customer brought in his own pasta along with instructions
on how to prepare it (clean pot and colander) and details about the
gluten-free diet.  Now they say they have so many requests for gluten-free
meals that they added rice pasta to the menu.  Most of the pasta sauces and
entrees can also be made gluten-free.

The contact information is:  RESTAURANT BAFFETTO de ROMA, 80, Boul. Bromont,
CP 121, Bromont, QC J2L 2K3, Canada.  Phone:  450-534-4050

Enjoy!

Beth Hillson
Founder, Gluten-Free Pantry
V-P, Product Development & Consumer Information
Glutino USA/Gluten-Free Pantry
www.glutenfree.com
President, American Celiac Disease Alliance
www.americanceliac.org
860-633-3826