From:
Emerisle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:20:10 -0800

The question was regarding safe foods at TGI
Friday's...I guess the end result is, it depends but
choices seem limited.  Would like to know about that
Jack Daniels sauce, though... Thanks to all who wrote.
Beth

-- My son and I are both CD and we have the flatiron
steak (no sauces) and Cajun corn and have not had any
problems.  Neither one of us is ultra sensitive.  We
also have had the potato skins which are ok and those
are also available in the freezer section of the
supermarket and make a nice snack for my son.

-- One member's response to an inquiry to the company
(not helpful, but more than I received - Beth):
As healthy eating continues to diversify, T.G.I.
Friday’s restaurants understand that people have
different nutritional desires. Our menu offers a wide
variety of cravable items which are prepared by our
staff using our proprietary recipes. Although we have
great procedures in place, any deviation from our
recipe would alter nutritional information. Deviation
could simply mean the restaurant substituted one of
the ingredients from a different or local vendor.
Currently, I do not have the recipe or ingredient
statements available for many of our menu items, the
nutritional information we provide is available on our
menu under the "Low Fat" and "Low Carb" section.
Listed there you will find specific menu items
providing the "Net Carbs" and items which have
approximately 10g FAT AND 500 CALORIES. T.G.I.
Friday’s guests, like yourself, expect our high
standard of great taste, innovation, and value. Watch
our menu as we expand our offerings even more or visit
www.fridays.com

We appreciate your interest in T.G.I. Friday's.
Ashley
Guest Relations

-- We just don't eat there anymore and wish we could
'cause we loved it pre-celiac, but my husband (the
celiac) got sick every time we tried...it's probably
been at least a year, but at our local restaurant, the
mgmt just wasn't very helpful.  Previously the
national headquarters would not put out a GF list
because they had different suppliers across the
country.  I believe Applebees was the same at that
time. We prefer going to local places that know what's
in their dishes now...

At TGIFridays, we did find out that the Jack Daniel's
sauce is not ok--the soy sauce is made with Kikomann's
(which isn't GF).

-- My husband eats there on a regular basis and always
gets a chicken entree...I'm afraid I can't remember
the name of it, but it is cooked on a skillet that is
also the plate, so less chance of contamination.  He
gets it without cheese.

-- I don't eat there.  Also, Applebees is not good for
me.  I had to talk with the chef and order a custom
made salad, after, of course, talking to the corporate
office who assured me their food was safe for me.

-- We have eaten there many times.  Each time we have
gotten the jack daniels sirloin and mashed potatoes.
None of the three of us have noticed any reaction at
all.  My son usually reacts strongly even to cross
contamination so we feel pretty safe with this meal.

-- I asked at my local Fridays and the manager came
out to say that nothing was safe. I tried plain fish
with butter and called it a day. I think I was fine
but like you, can only tell if I am truly sick.

-- My son and I ate there this evening (Springfield,
OH).  The manager went out of her way to help us.  She
brought out a food allergy chart which listed by
allergy all the foods, including vendors that
contained wheat (did not contain gluten).  She was
extremely helpful and made sure the kitchen properly
prepared his food.