From:
Sharon McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 09:29:20 -0700

Well, I didn't really get much information to summarize but thought I would pass on our experience.  We did call afterwards just for the information and the person said that they thought we could get hamburgers or hot dogs without the buns.  Other than that, the person was not very knowledgeable on the gf status of the food.  The park has Subway, Cold Stone Creamery, Pappa John's Pizza, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, Panda Express, Gordon Biersch, Dippin Dots.  There was a cafeteria style place that had salads, hamburgers, a few places with chicken strips and french fries and Shouka's Shack that had tacos and burritos. We ended up eating well before hand and then taking our chances at the park.  We ate the salads without problems.  We tried the chicken and ground beef tacos and didn't react to them.  I had french fries from one of the smaller places and was okay, but I don't tend to react as badly as my husband does, so he opted to not have the french fries.  The kids had
 cotton candy and dippin dots, popcorn as well.  (I know, not healthy but what do you expect at an amusement park?)  We didn't even attempt to get hamburgers without buns as most of the places were set up cafeteria style where you just grab premade items and keep moving down the line.  The Subway just offered sandwiches, no salads.  While the garlic fries at Gordon Biersch smelled wonderful, we didn't know what else besides the garlic they used so avoided them.  Panda Express and Pappa John's obviously were not gf.  Overall, we did pretty well.  We didn't end up eating a whole lot.  I think that if you have a backpack, you could bring in food as they didn't do in depth checking into the bags.  Or, I suppose you could leave the food in the car and then go and get the food from the car.  They do have some picnic tables out near the parking lot for that purpose as well.