From:
Harold Seabolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:06:27 -0500
Dean,
 Turn off "System Restore", accessories\system tools\system restore
settings, then make your modifications. I prefer to do this in safe mode
myself.
Also I recall  a setting in Adaware which prevents some start up
modifications, I believe it is called Ad watch, if you are running it you
can turn that off as well.
HTH,
Hal Seabolt