From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 18:42:14 -0400
Well, I hardly think that there could have been worse alternatives to
fermented grain or raw dairy during  the Neolithic period - after all they didn't
have trans-fats or additives  in those days , and they knew enough to
ferment their grains and dairy  before consuming  them. But the collapse in
health in the Neolithic seems to have been all-pervasive for those in settled,
agricultural communities, according to the fossil record(re loss in average
height, diseases caused by grain-consumption, reduction in average lifespan
etc.). I'm sure that there were still a number of  communities left, following
diets with a much higher proportion of animal-meats, and who were therefore
healthier than the former, but that is not exactly an endorsement of a diet
consisting partially of (fermented) grains and raw dairy - quite the opposite.

Geoff