C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:00:25 -0400

________________________________

	From: newswire-breaking [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of McGill Newsroom
	Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 12:00
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: McGill Newsroom - Breaking news

	McGill Newsroom <http://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/news/>

	Daniel Levitin to present at New Yorker conference

	April 30, 2007 | Groundbreaking neuroscientist among 40 leading cultural
voices
	Article: Read full article
<http://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/news/?ItemID=25161>
	Source: University Relations Office (URO) (Press releases) [news for
this unit <http://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/news/?UnitID=56> ]

________________________________

		University Relations Office (URO) (Press releases) [website
<http://www.mcgill.ca/public-relations/> ] [newswire
<http://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/news/?UnitID=56> ]

	Daniel Levitin to present at New Yorker conference

	April 30, 2007

	Groundbreaking neuroscientist among 40 leading cultural voices

	Psychology professor and best-selling author Daniel Levitin, Director of
the McGill Laboratory for the Study of Music Cognition, Perception and Expertise
will be among the presenters at The New Yorker Conference/2012: Stories from the
Near Future in New York, May 6 and 7, 2007. The conference is a public gathering
of society’s most innovative thinkers on matters ranging from design to art to
Web marketing to computer games to politics.

	Levitin, author of the current international best-seller, This Is Your
Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession and a former record producer
for Stevie Wonder and Blue Öyster Cult, among others, will preview his unique
research on how music affects the human brain, why we love the music we love and
why certain songs are inextricably linked to times and places in our lives –
work that has established him as one of the world’s leading authorities on music
and the brain.

	Musician and visual artist David Byrne, author and political blogger
Arianna Huffington and New Yorker writers Malcolm Gladwell, Ken Auletta, David
Denby, Judith Thurman and Jeffrey Toobin will be among the other presenters.

	On the Web: The New Yorker Conference/2012: Stories from the Near Future
<http://www.newyorker.com/promo/conference/index.html>

	Contacts

	Allison Flynn
<http://www.mcgill.ca/global/php/securemail.php?d=2b45927e068c6d2f4499d3f4470eac