From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:52:18 -0400
Hi.

Based on Richard's comments, you probably aren't going to be able to
interface the tuner directly to the radio, but that isn't really a major
problem.  It simply means that instead of hitting the tune button on the
radio, you will need to manually roll the power back to five watts or so on
CW, key the radio and hit the tune button on the tuner it self.  Once it
finds a match, go back to full power and you are ready to go.

As for powering the tuner, if that one is like the AT2000 Pro, it uses a
coaxial power plug similar to the ones that were common on cords for HTs
like the HTX202 and I believe it takes a positive tip polarity.  I've
probably got about a half a dozen things around the shack that take the
same plug with the same polarity, all running on 13.8 volts DC.  If I can
offer a word of advice, however, if you are going to wire that directly to
your power supply, install a small fuse holder in the positive lead and
fuse it for about 2 amps or so.  That's because it is awful easy to have
one of those connectors pull out of the back of the tuner and if it hits
against something metal like an antenna connector, you could have a short
circuit that might pop the main fuse on your power supply or melt your
power cord for the auto tuner.  Fusing the positive lead just seems like a
good precaution.

73, de Lou K2LKK