From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:32:29 -0400
If you are concerned about the quality of the coax and it's connectors, and
you have a dummy load, disconnect the 50 feet of coax from the antenna and
connect it to the dummy load.   if you get screwy readings, you've found
your problem, but my money is still on the antenna / ground system.  You can
throw together a dipole pretty quick and you can start operating and get the
feel of your  rig and meter while you tinker with the Butternut.

Steve KW3A