From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:02:51 -0500
We have the best Health care in the world if you can pay for it.  If you
can't we don't.  Look at the healthy birth per 100,000 live births
statistics.  Disparity of health outcomes by economic level or race, and you
will see that only some of us have the best Health care in the world.  Every
year we saw maybe four or five people who are blind because of untreated
glaucoma.  They couldn't afford a Dr. let alone the cost of the eye drops
that would save their vision.  So now we pay for their blindness.  I wonder
how that is good business for the tax payer?