From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 23:45:45 -0400
I just hate hand mics in the house, for my HT's, OK, the speaker mics are
alright, for my mobile, there's a good reason, but in the house, nope. I use
one on my UHF/VHF radio in the house just because I've heard amplified desk
mics on FM and there's not much that sounds worse though I have thought many
times about an MC-60A with out the pre amp on, especially now that the
number pad on my hand mic on the TM-G707A is completely worn out and I can't
use that anymore, it's just a plain mic now. I miss it, but it's still a
toss up, I really just don't like hand mics. In fact, the one for my TS-570
is still in the plastic rapping in the bottom of the box the radio came in,
which is so buried in the cellar, I'll probably never see it again and that
doesn't even bother me.