From:
Frederick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 19:49:27 -0700
Hi

     I recently bought a pear of eighty meter ham sticks and the dipole
bracket for them. I was able to get one of them to tune properly at the top
of the seventy five meter band (where I wanted it) but the other one is
acting strange. At first after inserting the stinger all the way the
resonate frequency was to low. so I trimmed it. to about 3.727 MHz. Next I
tried to trim it again and the frequency stayed the same. Next I slide the
stinger out and found that the frequency dropped but the Q. widened. This
stinger is now an inch shorter than the one for the ham stick that is
working. What should I do to get the q. at the top of the voice band where I
need it? After all this antenna is not following the normal laws of
electronics.

God bless,
Mark WZ0K
God loves you!