From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 09:16:03 -0400
Hi Richard,

If it was me, I would consider selling most of that stuff and  picking up a
more modern rig with  more features, such as speech, computer control,
better filtering, and maybe more bands.  The 430 is a fine rig and I've had
one for 20 years, but I'd never want to go back to it as my  only rig.  It's
always nice to have a backup power supply, but the Astron 35 amp is almost
bullet proof and will suit  all your ham needs far into the future, even
with multiple rigs.

If you are going to run the amp at some later date, remember to build your
station with high power in mind.    Everything you add to your station
should be  rated  higher than   the output of the amp.  Antennas, coax,
baluns, switches, lightening suppressors, tuners, etc.  should be   rated
much higher than the 1kw that the amp can put out. You can save a few
dollars now and buy  items rated at 300 watts, but you will have to replace
them before running the amp ( or after running it  and  burning up a balun
or something).

Good luck, Steve KW3A