From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 07:41:16 -0500
Goodmorning tom.  What I do, is this.
1.  Click on the attachment.
2.  Choose "infer reading order from document" when acrobat opens.
3. If acrobat says the file is empty, do the following:
4.  Choose print
5. Select the kesi virtual printer.
6. Tab to okay and press enter.  You can skip the tabbing if you know
you want the full document.
7.  k1000 opens using your default recognition settings, and the
virtual printer takes the files and sends it to k1000's OCR engine.
8.  Read or save the file in your desired format.
9.  In my default settings, I use fine reader engine, 1 page, and
identify tables.
10.  When the file opens in acrobat, it might just start reading if
it is text.  Make sure you have the latest acrobat on your system.
11.  I don't know if this is necessary or not, but I have acrobat
display the full document.  The screen readers can handle this now.
Hope this helps!  How do others do it?