From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:56:17 -0400
Also, where Steve told you to look in the control panel, device manager and
all, somewhere in the properties of that com port, there is power saving
options, disable that. That will shut off the port when not in use and while
that helps very little with the battery life at best, some times it won't
activate when it should. I forget exactly where it is, but if you want to
change that, let me know and I'll check on it and let you know where it is.