From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:08:00 -0500
Tom,
If you mean the VX2r, here is my opinion.
I own one.  They are now quite inexpensive, and if you have the
software, you will be able to program it quite easily.  On the other
hand, if you use the front panel buttons and the tuning knob, it will
be an adventure.  It surely frustrated me!!
Once programmed, this is a great handheld.  A M broadcast reception
is quite acceptable.  Two meter and 440 performance is very good.  I
read somewhere that the stock antenna wasn't good so I have replaced
it with one of the dual band, very thin and flexible antennaes.
battery life is good and the recharge time is short; I forget how long.
In the end; if you are in to having a handheld that you can change in
the field, this isn't for you (or me).  However if you can plan ahead
for what you want and get it loaded in to the many, many memories, I
think you will like the size and performance of the handheld.
Hope this helps.