From:
Lee Ann Cruley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Ann Cruley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:01:08 -0400

I received a very helpful response from the Atlanta Gluten Free Dining Club
regarding Atlanta restaurants.  They have compiled a great list of restaurants
with location and email addresses, contacts, phone numbers and comments as
to whether the restaurant has a GF menu or if menu items can be modified,
etc.  The address is www.celiacdisease.meetup.com.  Click on the Altanta
Gluten Free Dinner Club and then on files on the left hand side.  You will see a
June, 2007 list of restaurants and then down further there are menus from
many of these restaurants from August, 2006.  There are also many other
helpful files there.  Thank you Tiffany and Tom!  You guys have a great site.

We unfortunately only got to 2 of the restaurants on the list during our very
short trip.  Wildfire Restaurant had a GF menu and as soon as the server
stopped at our table she recognized that my daughter had the GF menu (that
we received from the hostess) and said she would bring her out a GF roll.  Her
turkey burger and mashed potatoes were fine. (We stopped for lunch.)
We also went to Maggiano's Little Italy on Ashford-Dunwoody where my
daughter got GF Pasta Alfredo which was quite good.  The server checked
with the kitchen after I told him what we were interested in to make sure it
was o.k.

Other comments received:
Saba (in Duluth) was highly recommended for pasta-they serve gf Bionaturae
pasta which contains soy.

Any of the restaurants owned by the Buckhead Life group are great.  Favorites
are Buckhead Diner and Nava.  They have a web site that you can google that
posts menus for each of the restaurants.  They are not inexpensive but often
the chef has come to our table to discuss things he can prepare.