ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:03:45 -0700
I  have often wondered why the historic church ever came up with the idea
Jesus  was crucified on Friday and raised on Sunday.
Didn't  Jesus say that as Jonah was three days and nights in the earth, (my
paraphrase) so the son of man should be three days hand nights.
I can't find the exact scripture.  But if  that were so, Jesus would have to
had to have died Wednesday or Thursday.  This is not really important, but
it is  interesting to see where the traditional church got that from.
Vinny