From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:22:13 -0400

I read on the list something about the Hershey's Miniatures containing barley malt.
I phoned the company directly (800-468-1714

The base of their regular chocolate bars does not contain barley malt. If it did, it would be on the label.
The Krackel product does, and it does appear on that label.

The representative said there is no recycling of the base, no re-using of chocolate, from one product to another. They are made separately.

He said their labels include everything.

So if the larger bar is safe for us, the miniature is. If the larger version has gluten, so will the miniature. We most certainly can eat the regular Hershey bars in the miniature line, as long as we don't eat the Krackel ones, just as someone with a peanut allergy would not eat the Hershey bars with nuts.

*******
*******