ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 17:16:58 -0600
Lelia and others keeping up with this topic,

Faith has no size of any kind.  We've been misled into thinking that faith
comes in various sizes, or dementions, or degrees, or levels, but that is a
topic I'll begin teaching on next Sunday.  I'll likely write about it and
post some of it on here before next Sunday.  Concerning John, the Lord gave
me two rhema Word promises.  I told John both of those words of prophecy
before he went to the hospital both times and the second one I told him
moments before he left that night for the hospital and subsequent open heart
surgery.  At the hospital, I tried all night to pray as we sat and waited.
I found it literally impossible because I already knew John would be ok
because the Holy Spirit had told me.  I came home that Monday morning after
being with Vicki through the night for almost 8 hours, and I sat on the desk
swing and cried uncontrollably off and on the entire rest of that day.  Why?
Because, my flesh was afraid John was going to die and what was I going to
do with what I had heard from the Lord if John did indeed die.  I was
suffering a huge monsterous spiritual struggle that was an all out war.
What if he dies, tried penetrating my thoughts and into my emotions over and
over again and I cried almost beyond control at times as a result of the war
raging inside of me.  The answer I got?  What if he doesn't.  I couldn't
pray because I already knew the anser and the answer was What if he doesn't.
I was working the faith Jesus gave me and my faith was working me at that
time.  I had to decide whom I was going to believe.  Myself or God's Word.
I finally decided, and I told the Lord this, too, if John dies, I'm going up
to the hospital with Everett, calling Keith to meet us there, and we are
going to lay hands on him and speak life back into his body no matter what
people say or think.  I figured John deserved that much, if what I had heard
in my spirit was true.  I believe then it was true and that God could not
lie and, in fact, Jesus kept his Word but it was a hell of ride for
everybody but the dumb devil freaking lost again.  Praise God.  I think I'm
going into the living room and preach this to Chester and see how he likes
it.  Man, I feel the fire burning.  I'm not joking.  This is hot.  I'm
getting goose bumps, too, just thinking about it.  Come on, Jesus!

Phil.