ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David & Rachel Prince, <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:20:30 -0000
Hi Lyn,

With reference to what we do in harvest festivals, can we refer you to a previous Email, where we tried to describe what can happen in a harvest festival.

Can we also add though, this description of what we experienced this year is perhaps somewhat extravagant to what we have experienced in the past. Even so, we really enjoyed it.

Here goes...

In our church a large loaf was made with intricate pieces of wheat made out of flour, yeast, etcetera. Also made was a smaller loaf in the shape of a field mouse which was placed on top of the larger loaf.

Surrounding the bread was a display of other foods including beans, rice, pasta, salt, oil, fruit & vegetables.

The display looked tremendous.

Around the church building on window sills and draped on some seats and other church furniture, were placed branches with red berries, a larger branch still carrying its crab apples, various strands of corn & wheat, dried flowers and other interesting features which we seem to have forgot.

Nevertheless, it all apparently looked very splendid.

It certainly smelt and felt good

!

In recent years other products have been known to be included into the harvest festival, such as toiletries, washing powder, shower gel and the like.

At the end of the festival which includes prayers, praise & worship, hymns of thanks, the produce is then given to charities, organizations and groups which are in need.

The produce from our fellowship was given to a group with a similar emphasis to Teen Challenge.

All the produce was donated by members of the fellowship.

We hope this goes someway to describe what can happen at harvest festival.

Big blessings,

David & Rachel.

xx