From:
Ron Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:29:08 -0700
At my work we have about 5 older Compaq EVO D530 business towers that were replaced. We need to wipe the hard drives and restore the OEM Windows XP Pro on all the computers before we can donate or sell them off to employees. The Quick Restore Disk works fine and the Windows XP Pro restores fine from the disk, it copies down all the information, ejects the disks and reboots. BUT when the computers restart for  the Windows XP Pro installation they ALL stop at the same EXACT spot and go no further! I also believe it has to do with some software being installed along with Windows not the OS itself because if we restart the computers we can enter them into safe mode before the installation continues at the last point it was at ( the stopping point I stated earlier), and everything looks to be fine from there, but if we exit to restart normally, back to the faulty installation process it goes.