From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:15:58 -0800
Go into the "setup" for the BIOS as the computer first starts. This is
usually accomplished by pressing a key such as "delete". You may have to
check your manual for the correct key.

The first page in the BIOS should list the drives in the laptop and your
hard drive should be indicated. If not, check to see that the hard drive
identification function is set to "auto". If it is not set to "auto",
set it to "auto". The BIOS screen usually has the directions for making
changes and usually involve up and down keys. If it is set to "auto" and
with the hard drive space highlighted, press whatever key is indicated
for "next". That should find the hard drive information.  If it does,
leave the BIOS while "saving" the settings.

If the foregoing does not help, make sure your hard drive is securely in
the notebook.  Sometimes there is only one small screw holding the hard
drive inside the laptop and it could loosen. The intent is that the hard
drive is externally removable without taking the laptop apart.

Beyond that, there may be some hard drive damage. It could be time for a
tech to check it out, but wait a while for other members to comment on
your challenge.

I hope this helps. Let us know what you find out.

Tom Mayer

Tomaing, Lynette (Port Moresby) wrote:
> No, there is none.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,