From:
Russ Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:50:46 -0600
I have a Dell Dimension 2400 that was damaged by a nearby lightning hit.  No apparent damage but nothing works.  I figured the likely failures in order of probability is: 1. power supply; 2.motherboard; 3. CPU. So I tried another power supply - no success. Then I replaced the motherboard - power light and drive light come on but the HDD doesn't run up. Also replaced the memory. Replaced the HDD, still no success.  So the only thing left that I can think of is the CPU.  Is there something else I should check out? I realize this may be an exercise in futility, but it's a learning experience.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com