From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:06:49 -0700
I assume the SP in your post is actually XP. There are programs that
should be able to do as you want. Partition Magic is one of the most
well known programs.

But, rather than taking the risk involved in this process, you can move
files/programs from C to D drive. After cleaning out the C and D drives
of unnecessary files using MS disk cleanup and/or other programs, you
can uninstall programs (except the OS) from the C drive and reinstall
them on the D drive. During installation almost all programs will
provide an option of an express/standard installation or a custom
installation. Chose the custom and when given the opportunity select the
D drive as the installation location. Also, you can move data files
(such as pictures, music, documents) to the D drive and when using
programs that save files, the first save being done normally permits a
selection of the save location.

You should be able to free up space on C drive and use space on the D
drive thus accomplishing almost the same as changing the partition sizes.

I hope this helps.

Tom

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> I am running a Sony computer on SP and want to find out if I can move unused
> space from my D drive to my C drive without messing up my data and programs.
> My computer arrived with 12 G in the C drive and 58 G in the D drive.  The C
> drive is now almost full with just about 900MG remaining.  Is there a way?
> Thanks in advance for any help!
>
> Bill Oates
> [log in to unmask]   </HTML>

                     visit our download web page at: