From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:57:32 -0800
Hi Dean,

I believe that retail box processors come with a 1 year warranty, a
heatsink/fan included, and a cute little sticker for the front of the case.
Although not always the best performing heatsink/fan, it is adequate. OEM
processors usually 30 days and no fan.

Other than that, there is typically no difference, so it all depends on your
budget. If you are replacing an existing processor with a faster one, and
already have a good heatsink/fan, then the OEM is a good way to go. If you
are building a new machine, and especially if you want that cute "intel
inside" or "Core 2 Duo" sticker and need a new heatsink/fan anyway, then
consider retail.

Russ Poffenberger

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com